From their traditional origins as a City of London law firm to a forward thinking and entrepreneurial international law firm with phenomenal growth in recent years, a standout opportunity has arisen for a hungry and ambitious counsel or senior associate-level corporate M&A lawyer to join their corporate team as a partner.
Now into its third century, this highly respected full service international law firm with a major footprint in Asia has over the last 10 years reinvented itself to become not just a great brand among clients, but also a great brand among its employees.
Across all their offices they act for an enviable list of publicly listed, multi-national and large corporate clients, as well as high net worth individuals on a cross range of commercial matters, from corporate, commercial litigation, employment, finance, and real estate.
Our client’s burgeoning corporate M&A team in Hong Kong is looking to nurture a new generation of rising stars in their team. As well as the development of existing personnel, another rising star will come from a lateral hire. This fantastic opportunity is open to a highly ambitious, well networked and entrepreneurial corporate M&A/PE lawyer.
This is a unique opportunity for a counsel or top-end senior associate from an international law firm to take a step up and become a partner with an international platform. Whilst a book of business would of course be highly attractive, other multiple metrics will be used in assessing the suitability of the candidate.
- Qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong
- Currently working as a Senior Associate or Counsel at an international law firm
- Minimum 10+ years PQE, with solid corporate M&A experience, preferably cross-border/international in nature, and including mid-market deals
- Additional experience working on private equity or venture capitalist deals would be an added bonus
- Bi-lingual (Mandarin/English) strongly preferred, whilst fluency in Cantonese would be a bonus
- Well connected in the financial intermediaries market
- Passionate about business development and networking, can demonstrate their ambitions from their track record and in the form of a solid business plan and subsequent presentations
- First rate technical skills as an M&A lawyer, excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Superb organisational skills, outstanding track record on financial performance and management