Have you had experience in your career working on both trust administration and company secretarial services, and would be interested in a role that combines both areas of specialisation?
Would you like to join an organisation that welcomes new ideas in work innovation or business generation, and encourages their staff to develop those ideas into reality? Then come and talk to us!
Our client is a European-based international fiduciary services firm that advises High Net Worth Individuals on their wealth and estate planning and offer corporate services to their institutional clients. Their Hong Kong office has an opening for a Senior Trust Officer to join their 7-strong trust services team, reporting to the team head.
Here are some of the things you’ll be involved in:
- Set up private family trusts, foundations and pre-IPO trusts in Hong Kong and other offshore jurisdictions
- Maintain and administer trusts structures, foundations and offshore companies and private client mandates
- Draft trust deeds, deeds of amendment, letter of wishes and relevant documentation
- Execute and manage the full cycle of typical trust transactions, including trust set-up, bank account opening, asset injections, restructuring, declaring distributions, change of deed’s jurisdiction, and terminations
- Handling listed companies’ reporting from time to time
- Control and handling monthly billing
In return, this employer can offer
- 5 days’ work week
- Medical Plan
- 20 days’ annual leave
- A meritocratic work environment
Qualifications and Experiences
The successful candidate would need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the trust and company secretarial field, ideally in a Big4 or reputable fiduciary firm. Lesser experience can be considered for the (more junior level) trust officer role.
- Both STEP and either HKICS (or ICSA) or CPA qualified
- Expertise in the laws, processes and documents relating to trust and company secretarial administration, as well as trust accounts
- Experience of reporting for HK listed companies
- Strong organisation and communication skills, excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet to deadlines in a fast moving environment whilst maintaining high standards of professionalism and efficiency
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese Mandarin
- A good standard of Cantonese for use in the office would be an advantage
- A good and fast command of Microsoft suite of software
Note: candidates who have a chartered secretarial or CPA (or equivalent) and with very strong trust experience (but not yet STEP qualified) can be considered for this role.