This award-winning intellectual property team of a major international law firm is also well known for its friendly colleagues as well as a nurturing and supportive working environment. An opportunity has arisen for a senior-level legal secretary to join this team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide all round administrative and secretarial support to fee-earners
- Make travel, meeting and diary arrangements, review and provide assistance in replying/sending emails
- Assist the Partner in organizing and managing meetings and other events
- Client inception, opening and closing of files
- Drafting, editing, formatting, filing and proof-reading documents
- Handle time sheet entries and work with accounting team in the production of bills
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
- At least 10 years' legal secretary experience within the legal industry, preferably in intellectual property
- Candidates with Partner-serving experience would be an advantage
- Proactive, well-organised, mature-minded with good problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese. Chinese typing skills are also required.
- Proficiency in MS applications including Outlook, Words and Excel, ability to troubleshoot minor issues quickly and efficiently
- Excellent telephone manner, ability to take the initiative