Head of Data Governance and Oversight
Our client is an expanding international banking group providing services in Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Transaction Banking and Wholesale Banking in Asia. Due to their continuous investments in improving their governance and control functions in the region, a newly created COO function for an experienced data management professional to head up the data governance and oversight team based in Hong Kong.
Reporting directly to COO, you will oversee data quality and data governance initiatives for banking group. You will facilitate data operating model implementation and ensure control in place as well as manage data governance activities ensuring data practices are comply with regulations of all geographies under remit. You will be responsible to enhance and strengthen data governance guidelines, procedures, standards, methods, tools and processes.
As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with COO and senior stakeholders to determine business needs in the areas of data maintenance, data governance, risk management and data good practice. You will perform current state analysis and design solution to mitigate risk, promote data quality monitoring and data quality issue management. You will build up the data analytic capabilities for business units and drive the implementation of analytic initiatives to enable new business and/or enhance risk monitoring.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Relevant university degree. Relevant post university degree or professional certification preferred
- Minimum 12 years of banking experience, familiar with wealth management business, private banking and retail banking business operation will be plus
- Equipped experience in related to data management, data project management, data governance and data quality
- Proven experience in identifying and managing the issues and risk related to complex data projects
- Demonstrable experience in identifying data quality risk and control; advising on, developing and implementing suitable controls, policies and procedures
- Excellent management skills and strong executive presence, e.g. experience of working with and influencing COO level stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Cantonese, Mandarin beneficial
To apply, please contact Jennifer Yang for a confidential discussion at (852) 3708 9510 or email email@example.com quoting job reference number JY 34083. To visit more Legal, Compliance and Risk management jobs please check www.staranise.com.hk