Star Anise is an independent legal and compliance recruitment firm based in Central, Hong Kong.
We are seeking some fantastic self-motivated, high performing people to join our growing team of outstanding professional recruiters in Central, Hong Kong. A vacancy is now open for dedicated Researchers to join our desks that cover private practice, in-house financial services legal and business support recruitment, and to provide additional research capacity for our own in-house legal team.
You can learn a lot more about how we approach recruitment differently by visiting us on our website: www.staranise.com.hk.
We currently have openings for full-time Researchers to join our back office team. You will assist consultants with individual and sector wide research projects, help identify sales and market opportunities, conduct in-depth analysis of developments, events and trends. In addition, you assist with research support into laws and regulations impacting our business, our clients, and provide other paralegal support to maintain and build out our databases and knowledge management systems.
This role would suit a 'news junkie' who regularly enjoys keeping up to date on contemporary business and general world affairs, has an eye for detail, with strong problem solving and organisational skills.
- Conduct timely and thorough market research on people, sectors, organisations and industries of interest, including team mapping, industry leaders and key stakeholders, to assist the recruitment teams you support.
- Conduct preliminary legal research on employment and topical issues, assist the legal team to prepare and file simple filings, maintain know-how systems and contract databases
- Working alongside the Marketing team to provide timely and comprehensive market research and analysis to help produce in-depth articles and insight pieces.
- Registering, updating and maintaining candidate and client records on the company's recruitment and Client Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
- Assist on ad hoc tasks and special projects that arise from time to time (such as salary surveys etc).
- Fast, accurate word processing and data input skills
- Excellent research skills, highly disciplined and able to drive processes quickly and efficiently
- Lateral thinker, ability to see and understand relationships (and the degrees of relationships) between organisations and people, and spotting leads or opportunities
- First-rate written presentation skills with the ability to condense and present information in a succinct and easily understood manner
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) would be an advantage, though not essential
- Pro-active, self-motivated and independent
- Positive thinking and with a 'can-do' attitude
- Quick learner and highly adept at using computer software and online research tools
- Interest in the legal or compliance sector.
Why you’ll love working at Star Anise
- Smart team, wonderful people and big challenges in a collaborative environment - We commit to each person at Star Anise that they will always have the best and smartest team members to work with and the most challenging problems to work on. We strive to ensure that you will never be bored, and you will always learn and grow. Above all else, everyone treats everyone else with respect and admiration.
- We work hard - Not only do we work hard, but we try really hard. That doesn’t mean you’ll be working long hours. We all put in a shift and we all finish at reasonable hours (and operate flexible working hours) to go home, eat and be with our family and friends. But when we are working, we work our socks off. Time flies! We're never in coast mode. We constantly try to push further and faster than we thought we could. When you look back each month, quarter and year, you'll clearly be able to see both how you and the company have grown.
- Ownership - By virtue of your role, you own a piece of Star Anise, and you'll treat it as such. We constantly encourage you to seek new ways to add value, speak up in order to make things better or develop new opportunities, and grab a hold of every opportunity that comes your way.
- Fun & rewarding - recruitment is fun! Helping candidates find a job they love is fun and truly rewarding. Building a business and enhancing its brand is fun and rewarding. We truly enjoy what we do, the people we work with, and this crazy amazing adventure that we're on. We never forget to take a step back to celebrate what we accomplish, laugh, and enjoy the time we get to spend together doing what we love. We get our team out of the office regularly with happy hours, team lunches and team activities.
At Star Anise we hire people who exhibit gumption and relentless energy, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to Ms Firenze Ho on the link to this job quoting the job title in the subject.