A highly prestigious global law firm is hiring a mid-level accounting professional to join their accounting team in Hong Kong. Reporting to the team leader, this will be a full range accounting and finance role where you'll be involved in a variety of responsibilities, such as ensuring compliance in accounting processes, timely enforcement of controls, preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports, financial analyses, and resolving or reconciling accounting issues. From time to time, you would be expected to collaborate with overseas’ shared services teams and speak with with fee earners to clarify issues and or to ensure the deadlines for various accounting and finance tasks are met. This is a hands on role that requires you to ensure that all reporting processes are in line with local office and international policies and procedures, and requires you to make a key contribution in the preparation of management accounts.
- Ideally a qualified accountant (ACCA/CPA) with prior experience in frequent management accounts reporting
- 3-5 years’ experience in a major law firm or international professional services firm
- Fully skilled on IFRS and external reporting requirements, with good knowledge and understanding of local accounting reporting standards
- English language is the main form of communication so a very strong level of written and spoken English is required
- Advanced knowledge and use of MS Excel as well as expertise in using accounting software tools, such as Oracle Financials
- Whilst not mandatory, Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills would be an advantage
- fast, excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail
Great selling points:
- Join one of the best known international law firm brands in the world, servicing highly talented lawyers
- Work in a large accounting and finance team, excellent growth opportunities
- Whilst not a regional role, you would be working and developing stronger ties with the shared service teams in other countries
- Broad remit gives you the opportunity to be exposed to different aspects of the accounting process in a major international law firm.