An excellent career growth opportunity has arisen for a senior level corporate lawyer to join this major offshore law firm client’s corporate team. Working on a broad mix of M&A, private equity, joint ventures and IPOs with major onshore clients, you will be given the lead role on deals as offshore supporting counsel. This is as close a role you can get to becoming an in-house lawyer, in terms of stable hours, but remaining within a prestigious law firm setting!
Why this role is awesome:
Rarely does an opportunity like this appear at such a high profile law firm, as this is an ideal platform for an ambitious corporate lawyer seeking a way to develop their own practice, with a genuine and realistic change for partnership within 1-2 years.
Further, this role presents an excellent opportunity for an 8+ PQE corporate lawyer from an offshore law firm or onshore law firm (local or international) to be part of a team with former magic circle lawyers, and to work in a genuinely relaxed and collegiate environment. Genuine stable working hours are the norm in this team, where each fee earner takes ownership of their own roles, and is willing to provide support to other team members. In this role, you would be expected to train and mentor junior lawyers, and initiating and providing support on business development (mainly with onshore law firms).
Candidates who fit the above criteria and are currently a senior associate or of counsel/consultant at their firm are welcome to apply.
- you should be admitted to practice law in Hong Kong, a common law jurisdiction, or the US
- have a minimum 8 years’ post qualified experience of handling corporate deals, preferably in Hong Kong, and with solid experience of working on Hong Kong IPOs
- experience of working on cross-border M&A, PE and JV transactions would be advantageous.
Qualities/traits that our client is looking for:
- strong project management and organisational skills
- a strong interest and track record of nurturing and mentoring young legal talent
- strong analytical skills (in English and Chinese)
- excellent communication and English drafting skills, and
- being adept at business development.
Candidates from either offshore or onshore law firms (both local and international) are welcome to apply. Bilingual (Putonghua/English) or trilingual (Putonghua/Cantonese/English) are highly preferred/essential.