Positions available: Senior Consultant | Manager/Senior Manager | Associate Director
- Do you want to forge a financially and personally rewarding career at a first-class recruitment firm that continually punches above its weight, and that offers one of the most competitive incentivisation packages in the industry?
- Are you hard-working and talented, with a drive to succeed?
- Do you strive to be the best in your field and become our next top performer?
- Do you wish to join a platform that has the latest award-winning technology to enable you to work smarter and more efficiently?
Then reach out and talk to us!
Star Anise is an independent legal and compliance recruitment firm based in Central, Hong Kong.
We are seeking some fantastic high performing people to join our growing team of outstanding professional recruiters in Central, Hong Kong. Vacancies are now open for senior level recruiters (and above) to join our desks that cover private practice legal, financial services legal, and our business support recruitment, respectively.
You can learn a lot more about how we approach recruitment differently by visiting us on our website: www.staranise.com.hk.
We believe that our Recruitment Consultant jobs offer a highly rewarding opportunity to learn, develop and succeed in a nurturing and supportive environment. Depending on your chosen desk, you will be working with a distinguished group of clients ranging from major international law firms, professional firms, global and regional banks and other financial institutions, listed companies, multi-nationals, and large private organisations.
As a Senior Recruitment Consultant, you will be utilising your skills in opportunity spotting, lead generation, sales, headhunting, evaluating and short-listing suitable candidates, interviewing, negotiation, and relationship building to provide an engaging 360 recruitment service in the area of your chosen field, and to produce outstanding results in this highly competitive field.
For those who are hired at Manager level or above, you will be expected to grow and develop a high performing team around you, with our support.
We look for high performers who can show empathy, professionalism and maturity whilst also having fun at what they do!
But being a recruitment consultant at Star Anise isn’t just about making placements and generating revenue. We nurture our consultants to be brilliiant all round business developers and marketeers. Whether it be contributing with writing social media articles, attending networking events and seminars, or initiating or giving support to our CSR or sponsored events, we will provide you with the building blocks to unleash the entrepreneurial spirit in you.
- we will provide an unrivalled platform for you to take your career in recruitment and your own personal growth to a whole new level
- we operate a dynamic, friendly and collegiate environment using our first-in-class cloud based software systems to enable you to work collaboratively, more efficiently and productively
- we offer one of the best financial incentive schemes on the market, with a clear career track in the long term to becoming a partner and leader in our company
- you’ll have lots of fun and laughter whilst achieving your career goals
- Degree holder from a reputable educational institution. Graduates in law, psychology, business or a related discipline would be at a distinct advantage (though this is not mandatory, we consider every application on their own merit)
- You are a highly organised, high perfoming and experienced recruitment consultant with at least 2 years' recruitment experience (for senior consultant) from a reputable recruitment firm, ideally in the legal, compliance, executive, or one or more business support fields. For manager level, minimum 4 years, Associate Director level, minimum 5 years.
- Alternatively, you are an experienced professional in the legal (qualified lawyers and paralegals are welcome to apply), compliance or sales and marketing fields
- The ability to be compelling and persuasive, and building relationships that create wider, deeper networks
- Ensure delivery of high quality and engaging client experiences through effective listening, communication and implementation of efficient or innovative ideas and processes
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills with attention to detail and strong decision-making capabilities
- IT savvy - adept at using (and understanding the importance in the sales environment of) Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or client relationship management systems
- First rate negotiation and problem solving skills, a proven track record of successful offer management, a fast learner with a natural hunger to continually learn
- The ability to stay motivated, with the ability to persevere and innovate through even the toughest of challenges or situations
- Strong memory, an ability to recognise people and names, and recalling information at high speed
- A willingness to break out of your comfort zone / rise to any challenge
- High fluency in written and spoken English, whilst strong Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working or studying abroad is highly desirable
- Quick to develop an understanding of the company’s business strategy and the ability to plan and execute own activities accordingly
- Dedicated ambition to the highest standards of delivery to colleagues, clients and candidates professionally, ethically and efficiently
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for yourself and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- A strong track record of training and mentoring others to a high standard
- Receptive to 360 employee feedback and showing a willingness to improve and grow
Why you’ll love working at Star Anise
- Smart team, wonderful people and big challenges in a collaborative environment - We commit to each person at Star Anise that they will always have the best and smartest team members to work with and the most challenging problems to work on. We strive to ensure that you will never be bored, and you will always learn and grow. Above all else, everyone treats everyone else with respect and admiration.
- We work hard - Not only do we work hard, but we try really hard. That doesn’t mean you’ll be working long hours. We all put in a shift and we all finish at reasonable hours to go home, eat and be with our family and friends. But when we are working, we work our socks off. Time flies! We're never in coast mode. We constantly try to push further and faster than we thought we could. When you look back each month, quarter and year, you'll clearly be able to see both how you and the company have grown.
- Ownership - By virtue of your role, you own a piece of Star Anise, and you'll treat it as such. We constantly encourage you to seek new ways to add value, speak up in order to make things better or develop new opportunities, and grab a hold of every opportunity that comes your way.
- Fun & rewarding - recruitment is fun! Helping candidates find a job they love is fun and truly rewarding. Building a business and enhancing its brand is fun and rewarding. We truly enjoy what we do, the people we work with, and this crazy amazing adventure that we're on. We never forget to take a step back to celebrate what we accomplish, laugh, and enjoy the time we get to spend together doing what we love. We get our team out of the office regularlly with happy hours, team lunches and team activities.
At Star Anise we hire people who exhibit gumption and relentless energy, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you!