Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the regional General Counsel of this global Bank, you will:
- Sit on various committees relating to the Bank's corporate trust business
- Manage the advice sought from external law firms, and may represent the Bank in litigious matters and advise management and others regarding proposals or anticipated actions
- Review corporate trust documentation and advise bank officers in the corporate trust business units on negotiations thereon
- Assist in handling a portfolio of legal issues, supporting internal stakeholders, relevant to issues affecting the assigned entity.
- Coordinate and collaborate with various business areas to gather information related to legal matters or due diligence activities.
To qualify, you should have:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in either Hong Kong or England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction
- 5-7 years PQE working in a reputable international firm (English or US) in the debt capital markets practice and/or in-house
- Client secondment with a bank or financial institution is preferred
- Experience must include debt capital markets transactions, including corporate trust and banking
- Fluency in English is necessary and Mandarin would be advantageous